Thursday, March 24, 2011

Custom Fly Wallets

One of my good friends, Marc Crapo, or Rowdy as most of you know him, just put together a short promotional vid for his custom leather work. Within the world of fly fishing, he’s mostly known for his amazing one of a kind fly wallets, but as the vid shows, there is way more to his creations than just bug cases. Check out the new vid and see for yourself. They really are some amazing works of art.
Rowdy and I have known each other since early 2009 while on the road with the film tour. He was also there with me when I stuck my best 20/20 fish of all time. Little did I know he was going to take things into his own hands and put that fish on a wallet for me. To this day it’s by far one of my favorite pieces of fishing gear, and the best meat locker this guy could ask for.
If you don’t have one you should get one. If your favorite fishin’ buddy doesn’t have one, get one for them.  Like Rowdy says…they are “super bad ass!”....they also happen to be one of the hottest things going in the biz right now. Just tell him "Chooch" sent ya.
The evolution of my fly wallet…..

 
Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

Step 4.

Step 5.

Steps 5-9.

Final product.


Heron

5 comments:

  1. Nice look'n brown. I didn't think you could buy fish that big at Safeway, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures buddy!! Great blog! You got a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good Dustin, love to hear it dude. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decent fish...but that Step 1 looks really amazing!i found it so much useful thanking you

    ReplyDelete