Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thank you Dave Stanley...

For those of you that don’t know, the Reno Fly Shop closed its doors after 30 years of providing the Reno/Tahoe area with a first class retail and guiding business.  Owner Dave Stanley has been one of the most highly respected “industry guys” I’ve ever known and all of us that work and or guide for Dave I know will say the same. The shop even won retailer of the year a while back.
All though I never actually worked for the shop, Dave was willing to give me a shot as an independent guide, and added me to one of the most well respected guide crews in the country. Even being a very part time guide, putting most of my time and energy into classes at the resort, the mutual relationship could not have worked out better for both sides (esp. me!) over the last five years.
Even with the doors of the shop being closed, Dave will continue to run the education, travel and guiding side of the biz….lucky for us all!
Thanks Dave.
PS- On my last visit to the shop, I was able to pick up a few goodies that will look great on the wall of my Fly Fishing Center from a few of the sponsors…even a few old school goddies from Sage.
Dave with a back yard Brown

Shop goodies, including one killer night light for the bathroom

Part of the Fly Fishing Center, awaiting new wall candy

No comments:

Post a Comment